Since the early 1970s Queens’ porters’ lodge has been located in a converted bedsitting room within the 1930’s Fisher Building off Silver Street. Together with “The Round” it has become the physical centre of the College, presently used as a fellows’ car park.
Its appearance and lack of adequate facilities for a College community of almost 1,000 Fellows and Students, have all contributed to the plan for refurbishment.
The new extension was designed to be in harmony with the Fisher Building. ‘The Round’ as a central college meeting point will be re-vitalised to create an appropriate setting for the Mathematical Bridge.
The building work is now complete and we have had so many positive comments about the new Lodge. Please pop by to see us soon and have a look.